What is GeoWRSI?
The GeoWRSI is a stand-alone installable software for calculating the Water Requirements Satisfaction Index (WRSI), as it is implemented by the USGS/FEWS NET activity. The program runs a crop-specific water balance model for a selected region in the world using raster data inputs. The program's outputs can be used to help qualitatively assess and monitor crop conditions during the crop growing season, or can be regressed with yields to develop yield estimation models and generate yield estimates and forecasts. One of the modules in GeoWRSI, the Water Balance Yield Estimator (WaBYE), can be used to post-process the GeoWRSI outputs for use in yield estimation models.
- WRSI Map
- WRSI Anomaly Map
- Start of Season Map
- Total Actual Evapotranspiration at different stages of crop growth
- Total Water Deficit at different stages of crop growth
- Total Water Requirement at different stages of crop growth
- Total Surplus Water at different stages of crop growth
- Maximum Water Deficit experienced in any one dekad
- Maximum Surplus Water experienced in any one dekad
For the most recent WRSI Installation file, please visit https://data.chc.ucsb.edu/products/geowrsi/ and select the appropriate .msi file.